Technical Product Owner
Voloridge Investment Management is an award winning, rapidly growing quantitative investment management firm based in Jupiter, FL, managing over $1B in assets. We develop and manage all our own internal software systems and face cutting edge challenges in Big Data, artificial intelligence and high-performance computing.
Voloridge is seeking to expand its product management team with a Technical Product Owner who would report to the Director of Products and Engineering. As the Product Owner, you must have a strong passion for understanding how things work and the dependencies between the parts of a complex system. You will use this breadth of understanding to works with stakeholders, users and the development teams to document and prioritize requirements for work by the team. You can identify latent and implied requirements that may not be obvious to end users making requests. The Technical Product Owner candidate should have some experience acting as a Product Owner or Scrum Master in an agile focused development organization or previously been a software or quality assurance engineer who is looking to move into product management. This is a hands-on role requiring a desire to dig-into the details and a focus on documenting everything.
Summary of Job Functions
- Facilitate requirements gathering meetings and work with stakeholders to define and document user requirements
- Be able to independently identify missing requirements or potential risks in the requirements process
- Populate and prioritize product backlog with actionable user-centered agile specifications (user stories)
- Draft UI/UX mock-ups and other detailed examples or documentation to ensure requirements and outcomes are clearly understood.
- Schedule and lead all ceremonies related to the development methodology (standups, planning, retrospectives)
- Ensure teams are performing proper tracking of work in the SDLC tools
- Establish acceptance criteria for deliverables and ensure criteria are verified prior to release
- Supervise release activities ensuring the release and change management process is being followed.
- Work with the Director on overall strategic roadmap and prioritizations
- Degree from a 4-year accredited program
- Must have good knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite of tools.
- Experience with technical diagraming and mocking tools such as MS Visio, Balsamiq, Blend
- 3-5 years of experience in an agile development organization
- Experience using ‘Agile’ methodologies such as Scrum or Kanban
- Experience working with a work tracking system like Rally, TFS or Jira
- 0-3 years in a Scrum Master or Product Owner role.
- Very organized and detail oriented
- Passionate about documentation
- Ability to work daily on site in our Jupiter, Florida office
Preferred Skills and Previous Experience
- Technical Acumen is highly desirable
- Experience with developing software in C#, Java, or Python
- Experience using SQL to interact with relational database systems
- Previous roles in quality assurance or test engineering
- Experience in the Financial Industry including solid understanding of trading equities or futures
- Previous work developing or performing requirements analysis for investment back-office and data systems
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Business Administration or related discipline highly preferred
- Experience writing requirements and acceptance criteria in an enterprise software development team
Compensation and Benefits
- Highly competitive base salary
- Profit sharing bonus
- Health, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance
Voloridge Investment Management is an SEC registered investment advisor. A private investment company founded in 2009, our mission is to deliver superior risk-adjusted returns for qualified investors, using advanced proprietary modeling technology, conservative investment tactics and sophisticated risk management. Our market neutral equities strategy takes both long and short positions in the most actively traded equities, and is designed to capture alpha while limiting exposure to directional markets risks. Our futures strategy takes both long and short positions in the most actively traded global futures, and is also built to maximize alpha captured across all futures markets traded while capping exposure to any particular sector at a given time.
Voloridge Investment Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic or status.