Voloridge Investment Management is a rapidly growing, fast‐paced, quantitative investment management firm based in Florida managing over $2B in assets. We are seeking an enthusiastic, self-motivated Software Engineers to join our Software Engineering team. At Voloridge we are passionate about expanding our knowledge and capabilities. Our teams are comprised of energetic, hard-working, highly analytical individuals that thrive on innovation and problem-solving at the nexus of big data and finance.
The Software Engineers work closely with Senior Software and Data Engineers to assist with the research, design, building and testing of software related to our trading platform. Creating software that will capture and distribute real time market data, track portfolios, integrate order and execution systems and develop interactive analytical tools to be used by both clients and mobile applications. This is a great opportunity for new and recent graduates to collaborate with other software engineers on difficult computing challenges under the mentorship of a highly experienced set of senior engineers.
Successful candidates will embrace the cultural principles at Voloridge:
Drive creativity and find pleasure in your work: You love coding and technology. It is as much a hobby as it is work. Whether it is following blogs and podcasts, to downloading and trying out new projects from Github or elsewhere you have ideas you want to explore. Learning new things and bringing new ideas and solutions to the challenges we face is a key driver of innovation and excitement.
Seek continual improvement and roll-up-your sleeves: Be willing to learn whatever technologies, tools, or patterns necessary to solve a problem. These are critical systems, and you cannot avoid a problem because "someone else 'owns' the code" - learn the code, learn the domain, solve the problem.
Embrace truth and openness and practice humility and honor: We are a collection of top-performers with strong opinions but respect for the ideas of others is a must for finding the right solution. Everyone makes mistakes at times, so we don’t judge others. What is important is uncovering errors quickly, getting fixes in place, and understanding what can be improved for next time.
Summary of Job Responsibilities:
- Participate in software design and architecture
- Continually review performance and collaborate with Sr. Software Engineers to recommend repairs of existing programs to increase operating efficiency or to adapt to new requirements
- Document detailed workflow charts and diagrams that describe input, output, and logical operation and convert them into a series of instructions coded in a computer language
- Contribute to instruction or manuals to guide end users
- Within the specifications set by Sr Software Engineers develop software, primarily in C#
- Work with Product Management, Users, and QA to ensure software meets requirements
- Participate in the deployment of software changes to QA and production environments
- Passion for programming
- Strong programming skills in any language
- BS or MS in Computer Science
- Experience working on software projects independently or with a team outside of academic coursework
Preferred Skills and Previous Experience:
- C#/ .Net
- SQL and / or experience working with large, complex data sets
- Strong math background
- Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions
- Determining how a system should work and how changes in conditions and operations will affect the outcome
Compensation and Benefits:
- Highly competitive base salary
- Profit sharing bonus
- Health, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance
Voloridge Investment Management is an SEC registered investment advisor. A private investment company founded in 2009, our mission is to deliver superior risk-adjusted returns for qualified investors, using advanced proprietary modeling technology, conservative investment tactics and sophisticated risk management. Our market neutral equities strategy takes both long and short positions in the most actively traded equities and is designed to capture alpha while limiting exposure to directional markets risks. Our futures strategy takes both long and short positions in the most actively traded global futures and is also built to maximize alpha captured across all futures markets traded while capping exposure to any particular sector at a given time.
Voloridge Investment Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic or status.