Voloridge Investment Management is a rapidlygrowing, fast-paced, quantitative investment management firm based in Jupiter,FL, managing over $2B in assets. We areseeking an enthusiastic, self-motivated Data Engineer to collaborate with dataanalysts, data scientists and architects to develop and build scalable datapipelines in a fast-paced environment. At Voloridge we are passionate about expanding our knowledge andcapabilities. Our teams are comprised of energetic, hard-working, highlyanalytical individuals that thrive on innovation and problem solving at thenexus of big data and finance.
The Data Engineer should have extensiveexperience in data management and data quality. Ability to process and execute data normalization, summarization andmanipulation through common techniques using common scripting language. The candidate will be knowledgeable invarious database engines.
Summary of Job Functions
- Build, analyze, and maintain all data flows and related processes, continually striving to improve them, including increased automation, usability, transparency, documentation, and QA.
- Design build and support both real-time data flows, and batch/ETL data flows.
- Diligently identify and pursue data anomalies, always striving to correct not just the data but also the source of the corruption
- Understand the business both from a historical/warehouse perspective, and an operational/transactional perspective.
- Support the logical and physical integration of all applications that are developed or licensed, including how data are used for multiple purposes.
- Communicate frequently and effectively with all internal associates, including research, management, development, and other operations personnel.
- Remain calm, yet highly focused and effective when under duress, such as when a critical process fails and requires immediate attention.
- Update and maintain financial, accounting, trading, and other data in required databases/systems.
- Expertise with one or more relational database platforms such as SQL Server, Postgre, Teradata
- Both physical and logical sides
- Expertise using Python for data manipulation
- Experience with both transactional databases and data warehouses
- Experience using advanced data analytics, including cloud-based data platforms
- 4-year college degree (or higher)
- 7+ years of data engineering work experience
- The ability to work daily, onsite in our Jupiter, FL office
Preferred Skills and Previous Experience
- Experience in performance tuning, server monitoring, and query optimization
- Experience in troubleshooting and resolving database integrity issues, performance issues, blocking and deadlocking issues, replication issues, log issues, connectivity issues, security issues, etc.
- Experience with database administration
- Familiarity Transact-SQL, Visual Studio and SQL Server Management Studio to create/manage SSIS/ ETL packages, esp. with high volume data, and other SQL Server tools
- Experience using reporting tools such as SSRS and/or Tableau
- Experience with developing in one or more languages (R, C++,Python, Java, etc)
- Familiarity with investment management data models
- Experience working with trading / financial / investment / accounting data
Compensation and Benefits
- Relocation assistance available for the right candidate
- Highly competitive base salary
- Profit sharing bonus
- Health, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance
Voloridge Investment Management is an SEC registered investment advisor.A private investment company founded in 2009, our mission is to deliversuperior risk-adjusted returns for qualified investors, using advancedproprietary modeling technology, conservative investment tactics andsophisticated risk management. Our market neutral equities strategy takes bothlong and short positions in the most actively traded equities and is designedto capture alpha while limiting exposure to directional markets risks. Ourfutures strategy takes both long and short positions in the most activelytraded global futures and is also built to maximize alpha captured across allfutures markets traded while capping exposure to any particular sector at agiven time.
Voloridge Investment Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Allqualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration foremployment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or anyother legally protected characteristic or status.