Hedge Fund Accountant
Voloridge Investment Management is a rapidly growing, fast-paced, quantitative investment management firm based in Jupiter, FL, managing over $2B in assets. At Voloridge we are passionate about expanding our knowledge and capabilities. Our teams are comprised of energetic, hard-working, highly analytical individuals that thrive on innovation and problem solving at the nexus of big data and finance.
The Fund Accountant must be detailed oriented, have strong analytical and interpersonal skills, and a keen understanding of the financial industry. They will bring an extensive knowledge of accounting software and processes to organize and report financial data. Strong work ethic and sense of ownership needed to shine in a fast-paced quantitative environment.
Successful candidates will embrace the cultural principles at Voloridge:
Drive creativity and find pleasure in your work: Learning new things and bringing new ideas and solutions to challenges we face is a key driver of innovation and excitement
Seek continual improvement and roll-up-your sleeves: Be willing to listen and learn whatever technologies, tools and ideals are necessary to solve a problem.
Embrace truth and openness and practice humility and honor: What is important is uncovering errors quickly, getting fixes in place, and understanding what can be improved for next time.
- Perform daily and monthly accounting procedures for private funds and managed accounts, including cash and position reconciliations, booking income/expense accruals, timely and accurate NAV (Net Asset Value) calculations, financial statement reviews and calculating management & performance fees.
- Reconcile various accounts and identify exceptions and problems; promptly research and resolve any variances including contacting vendors and internal associates.
- Assist in departmental initiatives and projects, including updates to internal books and processes, as well as the development of internal performance reporting.
- Analyze current processes, and continually strive to improve them, including increased automation, usability, transparency and documentation.
- Complete special projects such as assisting with fund annual audit and tax return reviews, completing investor audit confirmations, compiling relevant financial information for investor requests and creating reports requested by management
- Communicate frequently and effectively with all internal management and staff as well as fund administrator, brokers, outside clients and vendors. Sensitivity to confidential matters may be required.
- Responsible for delivering ad-hoc requests accurately and timely.
- Maintain detailed and accurate procedure documents
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Bachelors’ degree, preferably with a major in accounting or finance.
- 3+ years fund accountant experience.
- The ability to work daily, onsite in our Jupiter office.
- Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and Adobe Acrobat experience.
- Advance skill level in Microsoft Excel.
Preferred skills and previous experience
- Experience with portfolio accounting systems and strong securities accounting skills.
- Strong time management skills, excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must be detail-oriented, highly organized and able to meet deadlines.
- Ability to multitask and effectively organize and prioritize tasks.
- Quick learner with strong problem-solving skills and strong aptitude for numbers and accuracy.
- Ability to work efficiently in a high demand, team oriented and fast-paced environment.
Compensation and Benefits
- Highly competitive base salary
- Profit sharing bonus
- Health, dental, vision, life, disability insurance
Licenses Required None required.
Voloridge Investment Management is an SEC registered investment advisor. A private investment company founded in 2009, our mission is to deliver superior risk-adjusted returns for qualified investors, using advanced proprietary modeling technology, conservative investment tactics and sophisticated risk management. Our market neutral equities strategy takes both long and short positions in the most actively traded equities, and is designed to capture alpha while limiting exposure to directional markets risks. Our futures strategy takes both long and short positions in the most actively traded global futures, and is also built to maximize alpha captured across all futures markets traded while capping exposure to any particular sector at a given time.
Voloridge Investment Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic or status.