Business Development Associate
We are seeking an enthusiastic Business Development Marketing Associate to join our BD team to support the cultivation of business opportunities with highly sophisticated prospective investors. You will work with the VP and Director of Business Development to create a client workflow process to ensure cohesive and timely communication with investors from the first point of contact through the onboarding process. At Voloridge, we are passionate about expanding our knowledge and capabilities. Our teams are comprised of energetic, hard-working, highly analytical individuals that thrive on innovation and problem-solving at the nexus of big data and finance.
- Interface with current clients, provide detailed updates on both the business and investment performance. Responsible for responding to client inquires.
- Optimize investor communications to include responding in a timely manner to client inquiries through email and monthly update calls.
- Become a subject matter expert on the firm’s investor base and investor capital activity by creating and updating institutional investor focus lists. Research and maintain profiles on current and potential future investors.
- Assist the VP of Business Development by scheduling investor calls and meetings and ensure investors have access to current marketing materials through our website portal. Ensure accuracy and freshness of the Investor Relations website.
- Track and log records for meetings, calls and emails with existing and prospective clients.
- Create, produce, and update all marketing materials. Provide scheduled reporting for consumption by the investors for Business Development team, legal and compliance, fund accounting, and the trading desk.
- Perform periodic market research around key issues and topics that are impacting the Company.
- Create and maintain an RFP library with the goal of providing an automated response system for client questions.
- Support the month-end processes and reporting.
- Undergraduate degree in business or technical major
- 3-5 years of working experience
- Good understanding of finance and markets
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both written and verbal
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of products such as Excel, VBA, PowerPoint, and Word
- Extremely detail oriented
- Strong analytical skills
- The ability to work daily, onsite in our Jupiter, FL office
Preferred skills and previous experience
- Prior experience in marketing and investor relations with another asset manager or hedge fund
- Candidates should possess and exhibit strong interest in the financial markets
- Effective time and project management skills
- Familiar with Backstop or similar CRM
- Adobe Acrobat and related IR/BD specific software
Compensation and Benefits
- Highly competitive base salary
- Profit sharing bonus
- Health, dental, vision, life, disability insurance
None initially required. Series 3 is required within the first year
Voloridge Investment Management is an SEC registered investment advisor. A private investment company founded in 2009, our mission is to deliver superior risk-adjusted returns for qualified investors, using advanced proprietary modeling technology, conservative investment tactics and sophisticated risk management. Our market neutral equities strategy takes both long and short positions in the most actively traded equities and is designed to capture alpha while limiting exposure to directional markets risks. Our futures strategy takes both long and short positions in the most actively traded global futures and is also built to maximize alpha captured across all futures markets traded while capping exposure to any particular sector at a given time.
Voloridge Investment Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic or status.