Junior Database Administrator
The Technology team is looking for a smart, passionate and curious person to help support state of the art applications utilizing cutting edge science and technology. Candidate will be responsible for support and maintenance of the current Database infrastructure and support users as required to maintain optimal operations as necessary. Support will encompass monitoring of all systems, development of operating procedures and user technical manual, training of staff to better utilize resources.
Summary of Job Functions
- Run and create SQL Server health assessments reports.
- Tables, views and stored procedures development.
- SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) report development.
- Setup and maintain database backups, statistics, indexes and agent jobs.
- Monitor systems and SQL Server health system server resources (memory, disks space & CPU utilization).
- Respond to user requests covering access and security as required.
- SQL Server installs, patching & configuration utilizing best practices.
- Ability to manage and create Powershell scripts for automation.
- Ability to manage and create T-SQL.
- Work independently and/or in a team environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Occasional after hours work with installs and maintenance.
- 1-5 years of experience supporting large highly available SQL Server installations.
- Experience with SQL Server 2016 and above.
- Knowledge of SSIS and SSRS.
- Exposure to HA & DR solutions available within SQL Server (FCI, Log Shipping, Mirroring, Availability Groups, etc.).
- Experience implementing and monitoring security best practices.
- Must be able to work on-site in Jupiter, FL.
Additional Skills / Experience
- Experience with Azure and/or AWS
Compensation and Benefits
- Highly competitive base salary
- Profit sharing bonus
- Health, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance
Voloridge Investment Management is an SEC registered investment advisor. A private investment company founded in 2009, our mission is to deliver superior risk-adjusted returns for qualified investors, using advanced proprietary modeling technology, conservative investment tactics and sophisticated risk management.
Voloridge Investment Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic or status.