Senior Front End Software Engineer
We are seeking a Senior Front-End Software Engineer to join our talented development team. Voloridge Investment Management implements sophisticated machine learning techniques to solve the extremely challenging problem of modelling and predicting financial markets. We build our own software which is used to drive and execute trade decisions while maintaining a collaborative entrepreneurial environment where everyone contributes to the design and implementation of our software platform.
Summary of job functions:
- Guide and encourage the team to develop and implement improved processes and best practices with a focus on the “consumer experience”
- Champion front-end best practices through evaluating current methods staying abreast and recommending the use of new trends that will benefit the team and business
- Establish and document processes, standards and common components. Work in close coordination with other engineers in complex environments on a combination of the following: implement tools to enable teams to go faster, contribute directly to product functionality, and triage and resolve issues
- Follow our software development process including writing unit tests, perform code reviews, participate in releases, etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree (Computer Science or Engineering preferred but not required)
- 5 – 7+ years’ experience
- Experience building client-side web and desktop applications for data-intensive applications
- Strong foundation of application design
Preferred skills and previous experience:
- C# / .Net / Python
- Knowledge of WPF desktop UI framework
- SQL and / or experience working with large, complex data sets
- Strong math background
Compensation and Benefits
- Highly competitive base salary
- Profit sharing bonus
- Health, dental, vision, life, disability insurance
Voloridge Investment Management is an SEC registered investment advisor. A private investment company founded in 2009, our mission is to deliver superior risk-adjusted returns for qualified investors, using advanced proprietary modeling technology, conservative investment tactics and sophisticated risk management.
Voloridge Investment Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic or status.