Trading Engineer Intern - 2023
At Voloridge, a quantitative hedge fund based in South Florida, our automated quantitative systems are deeply dependent on vast quantities of data and a proprietary trading platform. Being a Trading Engineer Intern at Voloridge means joining a talented, highly productive, and efficient team.
Do you love coding and technology, have a passion for the financial markets, and enjoy being challenged? Continuous learning, brainstorming ideas and innovative solutions to the unique challenges we face is a key driver of our team’s success.
As a Trading Engineer Intern, you will work alongside Senior Trading Engineers to implement and maintain mission-critical applications. You will use your programming knowledge to help improve our trading platform’s capabilities and performance.
Summary of Job Functions:
- Help design, develop, and implement products and processes to make the trading desk more efficient and automated.
- Learn about multi-asset systematic trading, including global equities, futures, and other asset classes.
- Completion of at least two years of an undergraduate degree program in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent field of study.
- Experience with Python / SQL / C#.
- Strong math background through demonstrated coursework.
- Ability to work onsite in our Jupiter, Florida office (not a remote role). Housing and transportation is provided where applicable.
Preferred Skills and Previous Experience
- Experience with data visualization tools (Ex: Tableau)
- Able to work well in a team environment.
- Committed to quality and customer service.
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills.
- Willing to tackle challenging problems and hungry to learn.
- Adaptable and self-motivated.
Voloridge Investment Management is an SEC registered investment advisor. A private investment company founded in 2009, our mission is to deliver superior risk-adjusted returns for qualified investors, using advanced proprietary modeling technology, conservative investment tactics and sophisticated risk management. Our market-neutral equities strategy takes both long and short positions in the most actively traded equities and is designed to capture alpha while limiting exposure to directional markets risks. Our futures strategy takes both long and short positions in the most actively traded global futures and is also built to maximize alpha captured across all futures markets traded while capping exposure to any sector at a given time.
Voloridge Investment Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic or status.