IT Specialist Job
Voloridge Investment Management is an award winning, rapidly growing quantitative investment management firm based in Jupiter, FL, managing over $1B in assets. We are seeking a highly organized hands-on IT Specialist to assist in supporting network based information technology initiatives while also assisting to provide world class support for all users and their environments.
We are seeking an IT expert who can do it all with minimal supervision, who excels in both managing IT resources covering windows, active directory, virtualization and mobility together with ensuring all network operations and administration is maintained for security and compliance plus ensuring the efficiency of all user operations and maintenance of the Jupiter and Datacenter facilities.
Summary of Job Functions
- Maintain and administer computer networks and related computing environments including computer hardware, systems software, applications software, and all configurations.
- Manage and maintain MS Server environments 2008\2012 including enterprise directory services, DNS, IIS, Cloud SharePoint, Office 365 and Lync/Skype for Business solutions.
- Manage and Maintain VMware ESXI, vSphere virtual environment including HA and BCP components
- Working with customers both internal and external to troubleshoot incidents
- Maintain computer Imaging system and use for deployment of new and system upgrades as necessary including appropriate documentation
- Procurement & inventory management of all IT equipment
- Assist in implementation of network security measures to protect data, software, and hardware.
- Creation of Standard Operating Procedures for all processes required to maintain the user environment covering laptop build, user creation and all system installations
- Assist to identify potential vulnerability points throughout our systems, and take measures to resolve/secure them.
- Identify improvements and efficiencies in software licensing, hardware configurations, system settings.
- Monitor network performance to determine whether adjustments need to be made, and to determine where changes will need to be made in the future.
- Ensure appropriate availability of all resources and manage critical incidents; serve as point of escalation; troubleshoot issues to full resolution.
- Ensure the environment is current on service pack, patches, firmware updates, versions, and security fixes.
- Participates in On Call rotation in order to provide 24/7 critical systems production support
- 4-year college degree (or higher)
- 4 Years+ experience troubleshooting and resolving various IT issues, such as performance, networking, security, connectivity, etc.
- 4 Years + experience with the current server technology stack – Windows Server 2012\2016, Windows 10, HyperV, VMWare ESX, Patch Management
- 3+ years' experience with managing and configuring a VMware ESXI, VSphere.
- 2 Years+ experience with network design / troubleshooting - Cisco, VPN, 2FA methodology, Aruba Wireless
- 2 Years + Experience with DR, BCP, backups, and related activities preferred – ArcServe, Doubletake, DFS
- Light physical exertion, routine bending and lifting may be required.
- The ability to work daily, onsite in our Jupiter office
- Team oriented, with strong communication skills
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Extensive knowledge and experience related to IT systems and technologies.
- Ability and desire to take ownership of tasks and responsibilities.
- Must be self-directed and able to work effectively in a small team environment with little to no direct supervision.
- Knowledge of storage infrastructure hardware and/or software installation, configuration and maintenance (i.e. firewalls, routers, switches, operating systems, administration/monitoring tools)
- Experience working with a trading / financial / investment or regulated company preferred
Compensation and Benefits
- Highly competitive base salary
- Profit sharing bonus
- Health, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance
Voloridge Investment Management is an SEC registered investment advisor. A private investment company founded in 2009, our mission is to deliver superior risk-adjusted returns for qualified investors, using advanced proprietary modeling technology, conservative investment tactics and sophisticated risk management.
Voloridge Investment Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic or status.