Staff Accountant Job
Voloridge Investment Management is an award winning, quantitative investment management firm based in Jupiter, FL, managing over $1B in assets. We are seeking an experienced, self-motivated Accountant to assist the Controller as directed with accurate and timely financial record keeping and reporting, as well as general operations of accounting.
Top Reasons why you want to work for Voloridge Investment Management as an Accountant
- 401k retirement plan, $1 for $1 match up to 4% of compensation
- Regular in-office massages, weekly lunches, stocked kitchens with snacks, fruit and drinks
- Work off the Intercoastal and 3 minutes from the beach
- Work in an office chosen by South Florida Business Journal as one of the top 10 Coolest Offices in South Florida in May 2016
- Profit Sharing Bonus
Summary of Job Functions
- Perform monthly, quarterly and annual accounting activities, including entering all debit and credit transactions and preparing bank, credit card and general ledger reconciliations.
- Responsible for all Accounts Payable, ensuring all invoices are paid timely and expensed properly.
- Research and resolve a variety of internal and external inquiries concerning agreement terms, market prices, payment status and/or invoice discrepancies, including negotiating with vendors and communicating the resolution to appropriate parties.
- Assist with managing of soft dollar program, including submittal of invoices for payment, ensuring verified for expense eligibility, liaising with vendors and performing monthly reconciliation.
- Prepare journal entries and assist with month-end closings and preparation of monthly financial reports.
- Help maintain and reconcile all balance sheet accounts, perform general ledger review and enter adjusting journal entries.
- Assist Controller with annual fund audit and tax return reviews, tracking fixed assets and preparing depreciation schedules.
- Create and manage spreadsheets, reconcile various accounts and identify exceptions and problems; promptly research and resolve any variances.
- Complete monthly calculation, accrual and allocation of rebates, commissions and other expenses.
- Communicate frequently and effectively with all internal management and staff as well as fund administrator, brokers, outside clients and vendors. Sensitivity to confidential matters may be required.
- Help evaluate current processes and systems and find innovative ways to enhance them or suggest alternative solutions.
- Create written manuals of company policies and procedures for accounting activities as needed.
- Complete special projects such as completing investor audit confirmations, compiling relevant financial information for investor requests and assisting with investor emails regarding tax, audit or statement questions.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelors’ degree, preferably with a major in accounting or finance
- 3+ years accounting experience
- Experience with QuickBooks
- Ability to multitask and effectively organize and prioritize tasks
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Must be detail-oriented, highly organized and able to meet deadlines
- Quick learner with strong problem solving skills and strong aptitude for numbers and accuracy
- Exemplary planning and time management skills
- Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and Adobe Acrobat experience
- Intermediate to Advance skill level in Microsoft Excel
- The ability to work daily, onsite in our Jupiter office.
- High level of discretion and confidentiality
- Enthusiastic with a positive attitude
Preferred Skills and Previous Experience
General skills / experience:
- Ability to work efficiently in a high demand, team oriented and fast-paced environment
- Experience working with trading / financial / investment / accounting company
- High level of analytical thinking to solve problems with an expert-level understanding of technology
- Experience and good negotiation skills a plus
Compensation and Benefits
- Highly competitive base salary
- Profit sharing bonus
- Health, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance
- Credit and Identity Monitoring Service
Voloridge Investment Management is an SEC registered investment advisor. A private investment company founded in 2009, our mission is to deliver superior risk-adjusted returns for qualified investors, using advanced proprietary modeling technology, conservative investment tactics and sophisticated risk management. Our market neutral equities strategy takes both long and short positions in the most actively traded equities, and is designed to capture alpha while limiting exposure to directional markets risks. Our futures strategy takes both long and short positions in the most actively traded global futures, and is also built to maximize alpha captured across all futures markets traded while capping exposure to any particular sector at a given time.
Voloridge Investment Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic or status.
Jupiter, West Palm Beach, Stuart, Boynton Beach, Boca Raton, Delray Beach, and Port St. Lucie