Senior Data Scientist
Data Science is at the core of our business. Our Data Scientists have dedicated themselves to excellence in applied quantitative disciplines such as mathematics, statistics and physics. We are seeking Senior Data Scientists to join us in our attempt to solve the extremely challenging problem of modeling and predicting the financial markets using sophisticated machine learning techniques. If you are passionate about collaborating with a world-renowned team of Data Scientists, Engineers and Researchers Voloridge could be the home for you.
You will work alongside prominent Data Scientists, Kaggle Grandmasters and a KDD cup winner at an award-winning investment management firm managing over $8B in assets. We reward our employees with an exceptional compensation package that includes wealthy benefit plans and profit-sharing bonuses. Our office in beautiful Jupiter, Florida has water views, fully stocked kitchens with fresh fruit, snacks and salad bars, lounge and gaming areas, onsite massage rooms, free garage parking and more. We seek out only the best of the best talent to join our brilliant, collaborative, and hard-working team and boast a retention rate of 96%.
- Building and evaluating modern numerical/modeling techniques
- Working daily with complex, large-scale datasets
- Collaborative research projects requiring deep thinking, technical skills, and ingenuity
- Keeping abreast of the latest research related to data science
- Deep understanding of modern machine learning techniques and algorithms
- Must demonstrate exceptional aptitude in descriptive and inferential statistics
- Extremely detail-oriented and self-motivated
- Experience with time series data
- Extensive experience working with large data
- Creative thinker and self-learner, able to demonstrate extraordinary critical thinking and analytical skills
- Competent skills in programming languages such as Python, R, C/#/++
- Ability to communicate actionable results with present senior leadership
- Bachelor’s degree in Physics, Statistics, Mathematics or other quantitative disciplines or equivalent experience
Preferred Skills and Previous Experience
- Advanced degree in a quantitative/engineering field a plus
- Outstanding achievements such as Math competitions, Kaggle – Grandmaster/Master, exceptional scores on SAT/GRE/LSAT, Chess Grandmaster, etc.
- Experience with relational SQL databases
Compensation and Benefits
- Relocation assistance available for the right candidate
- Highly competitive base salary
- Profit sharing bonus
- Health, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance
Licenses Required None required
Voloridge Investment Management is an SEC registered investment advisor. A private investment company founded in 2009, our mission is to deliver superior risk-adjusted returns for qualified investors, using advanced proprietary modeling technology, conservative investment tactics and sophisticated risk management. Our market neutral equities strategy takes both long and short positions in the most actively traded equities, and is designed to capture alpha while limiting exposure to directional markets risks. Our futures strategy takes both long and short positions in the most actively traded global futures and is also built to maximize alpha captured across all futures markets traded while capping exposure to any sector at a given time.
Voloridge Investment Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic or status.