Voloridge Investment Management implements bleeding edge machine learning techniques to solve the extremely challenging problems of modeling and predicting financial markets. We build predictive models using propriety software as well as open source tools, which we use to drive and execute trade decisions. We are seeking an enthusiastic, self-motivated Data Scientist to work collaboratively with other data scientists to meet the Voloridge mission of delivering superior risk-adjusted returns using proprietary modeling techniques. At Voloridge we are passionate about expanding our knowledge and capabilities and find pleasure in creating better ways to provide services both internally and to our investors. Our teams are comprised of energetic, hard-working, and highly analytical individuals that thrive on innovation and problem-solving at the nexus of big data and finance.
- Analyze and improve predictive models
- Detailed analysis on large volume data sets
- Collaborate with data analysts, engineers and scientists on production level systems
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Exceptional aptitude in Math and Statistics
- Proficiency with at least one programming language
- Knowledge of Machine Learning algorithms
- Creative thinker able to demonstrate extraordinary critical thinking and analytical skills
- 1 - 4 years of work experience
Preferred skills and previous experience
- Advanced degree in a quantitative field
- Outstanding achievements such as Math Competitions, Kaggle – Grandmaster/Master, exceptional scores on SAT/GRE/LSAT, Chess Grandmaster, etc.
- Excellent communication skills on technical topics
- Must be able to communicate effectively with all internal associates both technical and non-technical team members which could include research, trading, management, development, and operations personnel
- Advanced Python and SQL knowledge
- Experience with machine learning libraries, such as Scikit-learn, tensorflow, CUDA etc.
Compensation and Benefits
- Highly competitive base salary + substantial profit-sharing bonus
- Highly flexible career path and growth opportunities
- Health, dental, vision, life, disability insurance
- 401K retirement plan, $1 for $1 match up to 4% of compensation
- No Licenses Required
Voloridge Investment Management is an SEC registered investment advisor. A private investment company founded in 2009, our mission is to deliver superior risk-adjusted returns for qualified investors, using advanced proprietary modeling technology, conservative investment tactics and sophisticated risk management. Our market neutral equities strategy takes both long and short positions in the most actively traded equities and is designed to capture alpha while limiting exposure to directional markets risks. Our futures strategy takes both long and short positions in the most actively traded global futures and is also built to maximize alpha captured across all futures markets traded while capping exposure to any particular sector at a given time.
Voloridge Investment Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic or status.