Trading Software Engineer
At Voloridge, a quantitative hedge fund based in South Florida, our automated quantitative systems are deeply dependent on vast quantities of data and a proprietary trading platform. Being a Trading Software Engineer at Voloridge means joining a talented, highly productive, and efficient team.
We are looking for experienced developers who love coding and technology, have a passion for the financial markets, and enjoy being challenged. They appreciate hard work being rewarded through recognition and competitive compensation. Continuous learning, brainstorming ideas and innovative solutions to the unique challenges we face is a key driver of our team’s success.
As a Senior Trading Software Engineer, you will be responsible for implementing and maintaining mission-critical applications and services that sit on the critical trading path at one of the top algorithmic trading companies in the world. You will use your knowledge of high-performance programming techniques to improve our platform and capabilities and performance.
Summary of Job Functions
- Participate in every phase of the order and execution management systems development life cycle
- Architect low latency and multi-threaded software engineering solutions with an emphasis on highly-performant code
- Learn about trading and research needs for multi-asset asset trading, including global equities, futures, and other asset classes
- Develop tools to automate our daily trading processes
- Take ownership of the continual drive for automation on the team
- 5+ years of experience
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
- Knowledgeable of electronic trading concepts and electronic trading infrastructure
- Experience deploying and maintaining applications from the design phase through the production phase
- Aptitude towards numerical data manipulation and analysis
- Analyze and fix problems quickly
- Willing to learn whatever technologies, tools, or patterns necessary to solve a problem and improve processes. These are critical systems, and you cannot avoid a problem because "someone else 'owns' the code" - learn the code, learn the domain, solve the problem
- The ability to work onsite in our Jupiter, FL office
Preferred Skills and Previous Experience
- Advanced hands-on experience with C#, Python and SQL
- Experience in designing and building highly performant and scalable RESTful APIs or microservices
- Experience designing and developing distributed systems
- Experience with CI/CD
- Knowledge of containerization platforms is a plus (Docker, Kubernetes, Argo)
- Previous experience working with FIX
- Experience with frontend technologies like TypeScript, CSS, and React is a big plus
Compensation and Benefits
- Highly competitive base salary
- Profit sharing bonus
- Health, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance
Voloridge Investment Management is an SEC registered investment advisor. A private investment company founded in 2009, our mission is to deliver superior risk-adjusted returns for qualified investors, using advanced proprietary modeling technology, conservative investment tactics and sophisticated risk management. Our market-neutral equities strategy takes both long and short positions in the most actively traded equities and is designed to capture alpha while limiting exposure to directional markets risks. Our futures strategy takes both long and short positions in the most actively traded global futures and is also built to maximize alpha captured across all futures markets traded while capping exposure to any sector at a given time.
Voloridge Investment Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic or status.