Voloridge Investment Management is a growing quantitative investment management firm based in Jupiter, FL, managing over $2.8B in assets. We implement sophisticated machine learning techniques to attempt to predict the extremely challenging problem of modeling and predicting financial markets.
We are seeking enthusiastic, self-motivated Quant Analyst to work collaboratively with our Climate Strategies Portfolio Manager, Climate Quant and Strategy Specialists to collaborate on the research, design, building, testing and operation of the software that supports related to the production of our research. Our quant analysts will use robust technical skills to organize and wrangle large datasets, using quality data management techniques to mesh data from multiple resources to identify actionable insights. They are motivated to investigate, develop and continually improve our systems. At Voloridge we are passionate about expanding our knowledge and capabilities. Our teams are comprised of energetic, hard-working, highly analytical individuals that thrive on innovation and problem-solving at the nexus of big data and finance.
Summary of Job Functions
- Understand the data-related needs of our climate researchers as well as climate strategies in general
- Intuitively research, identify, acquire and maintain climate-related data and document requirements for new datasets with a deep understanding of the fluidity of the data
- Investigate data anomalies and proactively identify and fix data defects continually strive to improve them, including increased automation, usability, transparency, documentation,
- Building and evaluating modern numerical/modeling techniques
- Working daily with extremely detailed, deep recognition, and granular detail of large volumes of data
- Coordinate with existing proprietary technology, software and database teams to leverage existing tools and ensure KPI’s for data and software security, reliability and availability
- Study new topics and gain domain knowledge
- Four-year college degree (or higher) in Mathematics, Statistics, or Economics. Secondary degree or minor in Computer Science or Engineering a plus
- 3 - 5 year’s work experience involving managing and analyzing data for example accounting, finance business intelligence, climate or hard sciences
- Programming experience, such as Python, C#, VB.net, C, C++, or Java a plus
- Ability to demonstrate strong problem-solving skills with an aptitude for numbers and accuracy
- Available to work daily, onsite in our Jupiter, FL office
Preferred Skills and Previous Experience
- Experience with data analysis tools such as Tableau, Excel (Excel / ODBC connectivity a plus) Statistics / math background and orientation
- Strong focus on data quality and attention to detail
- Able to independently bring projects to successful completion
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Highly organized and enthusiastic with a positive attitude
- Demonstrated ability to work efficiently in a demanding, team-oriented and fast-paced environment
- High analytical aptitude, and problem-solving experience in highly technical environment
Voloridge Investment Management is an SEC registered investment advisor. A private investment company founded in 2009, our mission is to deliver superior risk-adjusted returns for qualified investors, using advanced proprietary modeling technology, conservative investment tactics and sophisticated risk management. Our market neutral equities strategy takes both long and short positions in the most actively traded equities and is designed to capture alpha while limiting exposure to directional markets risks. Our futures strategy takes both long and short positions in the most actively traded global futures and is also built to maximize alpha captured across all futures markets traded while capping exposure to any particular sector at a given time.
Voloridge Investment Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic or status.