We are seeking an experienced, self-motivated Tax Accountant to assist the Senior Staff Accountant and Controller as directed with accurate and timely processing of multiple fund tax returns as well as fund audited financial statements. The Tax Accountant must be detailed oriented, have strong analytical and interpersonal skills, and a keen understanding of the financial industry. They will bring an extensive knowledge of investment related tax experience. Strong work ethic and sense of ownership needed to shine in a fast-paced quantitative environment.
Successful candidates will embrace the cultural principles at Voloridge:
Drive creativity and find pleasure in your work: Learning new things and bringing new ideas and solutions to challenges we face is a key driver of innovation and excitement.
Seek continual improvement and roll-up-your sleeves: Be willing to listen and learn whatever technologies, tools and ideals are necessary to solve a problem.
Embrace truth and openness and practice humility and honor: What is important is uncovering errors quickly, getting fixes in place, and understanding what can be improved for next time.
Summary of Job Functions
- Perform tax accounting activities, including review of all K-1’s, partner rosters, PFIC statements and fund tax returns to ensure timely, accurate and complete.
- Research and resolve a variety of internal and external tax inquiries including tax implications and/or filing requirements of trading in foreign jurisdictions, adding new markets, or new security types and communicate the resolution to the appropriate parties.
- Complete tax due diligence requests from investors as well as handle inbound investor emails regarding tax, audit or statement questions timely and accurately.
- Review, research and approve all tax related language in investor side letters as needed.
- Assist with the review and completion of the annual fund audited financial statements.
- Create and manage spreadsheets, reconcile various accounts and identify exceptions and problems; promptly research and resolve any variances.
- Communicate frequently and effectively with all internal management and staff as well as audit and tax consultants, fund administrator, brokers, outside clients and vendors. Sensitivity to confidential matters may be required.
- Analyze current processes, and continually strive to improve them, including increased automation, usability, transparency and documentation.
- Complete special projects such as research state nexus tax issues, research tax savings opportunities and perform annual research and development tax credit analysis and reports.
- Responsible for delivering ad-hoc requests accurately and timely.
- Maintain detailed and accurate procedure documents.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelors’ degree, preferably with a major in accounting or finance.
- 3+ years tax accounting experience.
- The ability to work daily, onsite in our Jupiter office.
- Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and Adobe Acrobat experience.
- Intermediate to Advanced skill level in Microsoft Excel.
- Must be detail-oriented, highly organized and able to meet deadlines.
Preferred Skills and Previous Experience
- Tax experience working with trading / financial / investment company.
- Strong time management skills, excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to multitask and effectively organize and prioritize tasks.
- Quick learner with strong problem-solving skills and strong aptitude for numbers and accuracy.
- High level of analytical thinking to solve problems with an expert-level understanding of corporate tax.
- Ability to work efficiently in a high demand, team oriented and fast-paced environment.
Compensation and Benefits
- Highly competitive base salary
- Profit sharing bonus
- Health, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance
- Credit and Identity Monitoring Service
Voloridge Investment Management, LLC is an SEC registered investment advisor. A private investment company founded in 2009, our mission is to deliver superior risk-adjusted returns for qualified investors, using advanced proprietary modeling technology, conservative investment tactics and sophisticated risk management.
Voloridge Investment Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic or status.