Our Hybrid Trader will have a passion for financial markets, research, design and a desire to work on improving trader facing technologies and the trading workflow by using the latest best practices and technologies. Our analyst must remain calm yet highly focused and effective when under duress, such as when a time-sensitive process fails, as well as maintain a strong sense of urgency to communicate frequently and effectively with all internal associates, including management, development, accounting, and other operations personnel.
Summary of Job Functions
- Learn to preform and execute the daily trading operations, which include trading, accounting, data management and a host of other essential activities. Ensure that all trades are executed, allocated, and booked in accordance with current organizational policies and procedures.
- Develop a zero-tolerance attitude for trading and accounting errors, working tirelessly to reduce risks of errors and to quickly eradicate any that may arise.
- Use agile methodologies to work with traders, software developers and other essential business partners to capture requirements, understand business context and create high-quality maintainable solutions of trading software designed to improve workflow and analysis.
- Increase efficiency and enhance the firm’s trading activities by analyzing our trading infrastructure and continually striving to improve it, including increased automation, usability, transparency, documentation, and QA.
- Design, develop, and test that software using Python, C#, and SQL for integration with other business systems.
- Architect low latency and multi-threaded complex software engineering solutions with an emphasis on highly-performant code.
- Assist in departmental initiatives and projects, including updates to internal apps and processes as well as the development of internal performance reporting.
- Research trade and any other operational problems, taking appropriate corrective action including contacting vendors and internal associates.
- Monitor overnight processes as needed.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- 4-year college degree (or higher) A finance or engineering degree / background
- Be available to work overnight hours, long-term. This is not a 9-5 position.
- The ability to work daily, onsite in our Jupiter, FL office
- Technical experience is a must, including
- Advanced Python programming experience
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel
- Working experience with SQL Server and/or other relational databases
- Programming experience with C# / VBA
- Knowledgeable in Git and CI/CD
- Aptitude towards numerical data manipulation and analysis
Preferred Skills and Previous Experience
General skills / experience: Note that a background in finance, investment management, or any other Wall Street experience is preferred, but not a prerequisite.
- Knowledgeable of international equities and/or futures markets / data / trading
- Previous experience in a trading or investment operations role
- Exposure to (or desire to learn) the FIX standard
- Knowledge of REST APIs and microservices
- Experience working with data analysis tools such as Tableau
- Meet pre-defined milestones and objectives in a rigorous training program.
- Desire to take ownership and work autonomously while being part of a close-knit team
Compensation and Benefits
- Relocation assistance available for the right candidate
- Highly competitive base salary
- Profit sharing bonus
- Health, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance
None initially required. Series 3 is required within 1 year of start date.
Voloridge Investment Management is an SEC registered investment advisor. A private investment company founded in 2009, our mission is to deliver superior risk-adjusted returns for qualified investors, using advanced proprietary modeling technology, conservative investment tactics and sophisticated risk management.
Voloridge Investment Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic or status.