We are looking for a motivated Hybrid Trader who is seeking to join an entrepreneurial environment where team collaboration, dedication, ethics, and tenacity are highly rewarded. Our analyst must remain calm yet highly focused and effective when under duress, such as when a time-sensitive process fails, as well as maintain a strong sense of urgency to communicate frequently and effectively with all internal associates, including management, development, accounting, and other operations personnel. This individual will join our team to assist in all aspects of our daily Futures trading operations which include trading, market research, portfolio analysis, and a host of other activities essential to the ongoing operations of strategy.
Summary of Job Functions
- Learn to perform and execute the daily trading operations, which include trading, accounting, data management and a host of other essential activities. Ensure that all trades are executed, allocated, and booked in accordance with current organizational policies and procedures
- Develop a zero-tolerance attitude for trading and accounting errors, working tirelessly to reduce risks of errors and to quickly eradicate any that may arise
- Ensure business-essential processes and tasks are performed by themselves or another team member with accountability during a full trading shift
- Research trade and any other operational problems, taking appropriate corrective action including contacting vendors and internal associates
- Assist in Futures team initiatives and projects, including updates to internal apps and processes as well as the development of internal analysis and reporting tools.
- Monitor overnight processes as needed and live orders during the assigned trading shift, raising concern among appropriate parties if issues arise
- Maintain currency in all policies and procedures
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- 4-year college degree (or higher) A finance or engineering degree / background
- The ability to work daily, onsite in our Jupiter, FL office
- Technical experience is a must, including
- Advanced Python programming experience
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel
- Working experience with SQL Server and/or other relational databases
- Programming experience with C# / VBA
- Knowledgeable in Git and CI/CD
- Aptitude towards numerical data manipulation and analysis
Preferred Skills and Previous Experience
General skills / experience: Note that a background in finance, investment management, or any other Wall Street experience is preferred, but not a prerequisite.
- Knowledgeable of futures markets / data / trading
- Previous experience in a trading or investment operations role
- Exposure to (or desire to learn) the FIX standard
- Experience working with data analysis tools such as Tableau
- Meet pre-defined milestones and objectives in a rigorous training program.
- Desire to take ownership and work autonomously while being part of a close-knit team
Compensation and Benefits
- Relocation assistance available for the right candidate
- Highly competitive base salary
- Profit sharing bonus
- Health, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance
None initially required. Series 3 is required within 1 year of start date.
Voloridge Investment Management is an SEC registered investment advisor. A private investment company founded in 2009, our mission is to deliver superior risk-adjusted returns for qualified investors, using advanced proprietary modeling technology, conservative investment tactics and sophisticated risk management.
Voloridge Investment Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic or status.