Software Engineer Interns – Summer 2021
At Voloridge Investment Management we implement sophisticated machinelearning techniques to solve the extremely challenging problem of modelling andpredicting financial markets. We build our own software which we use todrive and execute trade decisions. We maintain a collaborativeentrepreneurial environment where everyone contributes to the design andimplementation of our software platform. We are seeking a SoftwareDevelopment interns to join our talented development team.
Summary of job functions:
- Work in close coordination with other engineers in complex environments on a combination of the following: implement tools to enable teams to go faster, contribute directly to product functionality, and triage and resolve issues.
- Participate in the team's software development process and tooling.
- Have a strong interest in researching best practices in software development and sharing new knowledge with the team.
- Learn the field of quantitative investment
- Work in a diverse environment of open source and “off the shelf” technologies.
- Currently enrolled in a Computer Science or equivalent course of study.
- Knowledge of object-oriented programming (OOP) fundamentals and design patterns.
- Ability to work well in a team environment and have empathy for others.
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills.
- Commitment to tackle challenging problems, and hungry to learn.
- Care deeply about quality and the customer experience.
- Adaptable to change, can operate independently and with initiative.
- Evaluate ideas based on merit, and consistently work to generate customer value
Preferred skills and previous experience
- C# / .Net / Python
- SQL and / or experience working with large, complex data sets
- Strong math background
- Programming experience (independent projects or programming jobs)
Voloridge Investment Management is an SEC registered investment advisor. A private investment company founded in 2009, our mission is to deliver superior risk-adjusted returns for qualified investors, using advanced proprietary modeling technology, conservative investment tactics and sophisticated risk management.
Voloridge Investment Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic or status.