Research Analyst - Climate Strategies
We are seeking an enthusiastic, self-motivated Research Analyst to work collaboratively with our Climate Strategies Portfolio Manager, Senior Research Analyst and Data Scientist to conduct sector based analytic research. Our Research Analyst brings “Big 5” consulting experience determining business segment, product, and enterprise valuation. Plus, an extensive background in graduate material or physical science with focus on climate and energy systems. They will use robust technical skills to organize and wrangle large datasets, using quality data management techniques to mesh data from multiple resources to identify actionable insights. They are motivated to investigate, develop and continually seek out new climate data resources and have a proven ability to interact with external professionals.
Summary of Job Functions
- Leverage a solid understanding of business development, issues and concepts to efficiently respond to complex research questions with the foresight of future economic trends
- Intuitively research, identify, acquire and maintain climate-related data and document requirements for new datasets with a deep understanding of the fluidity of the data
- Conduct sector-based analysis to determine how companies perform from a climate perspective based on our metrics relative to their competitors
- Conduct sector-based analysis based on supply demand impacts of efficiency, event damages, EV transition, connectivity, renewable, and fossil fuel assets
- Review investment banking, peer-reviewed and third-party research of energy and material systems to establish a framework for qualifying a scoring metric for “climate related” revenue activities
- Synthesize and present data driven theory for climate and energy systems information investments
- Develop a keen understanding of the climate data in relation to the financial markets
- Analyze and improve quantitative trading strategies and predictive models
- Work with Software Engineers and Data Scientist to build and evaluate modern numerical/modeling techniques
- Study new topics and gain domain knowledge thru interactions with engineering firms, investment bank analysts, and company executives.
- Four-year college degree (Master’s Degree in Engineering, Physical or Practical Sciences preferred)
- 5- 8 years’ experience in enterprise valuation with a substantial understanding of climate or hard sciences
- Strong understanding of economic, financial and general business concepts and terminology
- Strong understanding of relevant content area industry sector, supply demand, renewable and fossil fuel assets business
- Basic understanding of research techniques, information source and statistical analysis/analytic techniques
- Ability to demonstrate strong problem-solving skills with an aptitude for numbers and accuracy
- Strong programming skills, including taking an abstract idea and making it into something concrete
- (Python or SQL) Available to work daily, onsite in our Jupiter, FL office
Preferred Skills and Previous Experience
- Strong focus on data quality and attention to detail
- Experience with finance & business intelligence a plus
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Highly organized and enthusiastic with a positive attitude
- Demonstrated ability to work efficiently in a demanding, team-oriented and fast-paced environment
Voloridge Investment Management is an SEC registered investment advisor. A private investment company founded in 2009, our mission is to deliver superior risk-adjusted returns for qualified investors, using advanced proprietary modeling technology, conservative investment tactics and sophisticated risk management. Our market neutral equities strategy takes both long and short positions in the most actively traded equities and is designed to capture alpha while limiting exposure to directional markets risks. Our futures strategy takes both long and short positions in the most actively traded global futures and is also built to maximize alpha captured across all futures markets traded while capping exposure to any particular sector at a given time.
Voloridge Investment Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic or status.