Senior Software Engineer
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will be responsible for implementing and maintaining mission critical applications and services related to our trading platforms. Scope of projects includes capturing and distributing real-time market data, tracking portfolios, integrating with order and execution systems and developing interactive analytical tools for both client and mobile use. Successful candidates will embrace the cultural principles at Voloridge:
Drive creativity and find pleasure in your work: You love coding and technology. It is as much a hobby as it is work. Whether it is following blogs and podcasts, to downloading and trying out new projects from Github or elsewhere you have ideas you want to explore. Learning new things and bringing new ideas and solutions to the challenges we face is a key driver of innovation and excitement.
Seek continual improvement and roll-up-your sleeves: Be willing to learn whatever technologies, tools, or patterns necessary to solve a problem. These are critical systems, and you cannot avoid a problem because "someone else 'owns' the code" - learn the code, learn the domain, solve the problem.
Embrace truth and openness and practice humility and honor: We are a collection of top-performers with strong opinions but respect for the ideas of others is a must for finding the right solution. Everyone makes mistakes at times, so we don’t judge others. What is important is uncovering errors quickly, getting fixes in place, and understanding what can be improved for next time.
Summary of Job Functions
- Participate and contribute to software design and architecture
- Continually review performance and collaborate with Sr. Software Engineers to recommend repairs of existing programs to increase operating efficiency or to adapt to new requirements
- Document detailed workflow charts and diagrams that describe input, output, and logical operation and convert them into a series of instructions coded in a computer language
- Contribute to instruction or manuals to guide end users
- Within the specifications set by Sr Software Engineers develop software
- Work with Product Management, Users, and QA to ensure software meets requirements
- Participate in the deployment of software changes to QA and production environments
- Deep understanding of software development techniques and patterns in high level programming languages
- Experience with Service Oriented Architectures (SOA)
- Experience with parallel programming and asynchronous patterns
- Full stack or n-tier application development in high data volume environments
- 10+ years of recent software development experience
- 4-year college degree (or higher) in Computer Science or related field
Preferred Skills and Previous Experience
- Experience working with Amazon or Azure cloud services
- Experience with Python and related data science libraries or tools
- Experience using open source frameworks for big data like Spark and others
- Experience working with Continuous Integration/Delivery or DevOps environments
- Experience in unit test development on an existing codebase and TDD/BDD methodologies
- Familiarity with financial data and financial industry standards, concepts, and processes
Compensation and Benefits
- Highly competitive base salary
- Profit sharing bonus
- Health, dental, vision, life, disability insurance
Licenses Required None required
Voloridge Investment Management is an SEC registered investment advisor. A private investment company founded in 2009, our mission is to deliver superior risk-adjusted returns for qualified investors, using advanced proprietary modeling technology, conservative investment tactics and sophisticated risk management. Our market neutral equities strategy takes both long and short positions in the most actively traded equities, and is designed to capture alpha while limiting exposure to directional markets risks. Our futures strategy takes both long and short positions in the most actively traded global futures and is also built to maximize alpha captured across all futures markets traded while capping exposure to any sector at a given time.
Voloridge Investment Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic or status.