Hedge Fund Accountant
As a key member of the financial department, the Hedge Fund Accountant must be detailed oriented, have strong analytical and interpersonal skills, and have an understanding of fund accounting principles. Strong work ethic and sense of ownership needed to shine in a fast-paced quantitative environment.
- Perform daily and monthly accounting procedures for fund accounts, including cash and swap reconciliations, booking income/expense accruals, timely and accurate NAV (Net Asset Value) calculations, financial statement reviews and calculating management & performance fees.
- Reconcile various accounts and identify exceptions and problems; promptly research and resolve any variances including collaboration with vendors and internal associates.
- Assist in departmental initiatives and projects, including updates to internal books, workflows and performance reporting processes.
- Analyze current processes, and continually strive to improve them, including increased automation, usability, transparency and documentation.
- Complete special projects such as assisting with fund annual audit and tax return reviews, completing investor audit confirmations, compiling relevant financial information for investor requests and creating reports requested by management
- Communicate frequently and effectively with all internal management and staff, as well as fund administrator, brokers, clients, and vendors. Sensitivity to confidential matters may be required.
- Bachelors’ degree, preferably with a major in accounting or finance
- 2+ years fund accountant experience
- The ability to work daily, onsite in our Jupiter office
- Experience in Advent Geneva and Microsoft Excel
- Must be detail-oriented, highly organized and able to meet deadlines
Preferred skills and previous experience
- Advance skill level in Microsoft Excel
- A keen understanding of the financial industry
- Ability to multitask and effectively organize and prioritize tasks
- Ability to work efficiently in a high demand, team oriented and fast-paced environment
- Strong time management skills, excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Quick learner with strong problem-solving skills and strong aptitude for numbers and accuracy
Compensation and Benefits
- Highly competitive base salary
- Profit sharing bonus
- Health, dental, vision, life, disability insurance
Voloridge Investment Management is an SEC registered investment advisor. A private investment company founded in 2009, our mission is to deliver superior risk-adjusted returns for qualified investors, using advanced proprietary modeling technology, conservative investment tactics and sophisticated risk management.
Voloridge Investment Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic or status.