Voloridge Investment Management implements bleeding edge machine learning techniques to solve the extremely challenging problems of modeling and predicting financial markets. We build predictive models using propriety software as well as open source tools, which we use to drive and execute trade decisions. We maintain a collaborative, entrepreneurial environment where everyone contributes to the design and implementation of our investment strategies, which are based exclusively on the predictive models developed by the research team. We are seeking enthusiastic, hardworking, highly analytical talent to join our strategy research team, led by our CEO, David Vogel, a highly acclaimed data scientist.
- Implement/monitor/improve quantitative trading strategies and predictive models as directed by the Strategy Manager
- Working diligently to identify and pursue additional data sources and potential alpha
- Monitor/identify/mitigate data anomalies, continually striving to correct the data and the source of the corruption
- Building and evaluating modern numerical/modeling techniques
- Working daily with extremely detailed, deep recognition, and granular detail of large volumes of data
- Continued collaboration and communications with internal associates, including the research team, trading, data management, and software development.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Higher (Science or Engineering preferred)
- Must demonstrate exceptional aptitude in Math and Statistics
- Creative thinker and self-learner, able to demonstrate extraordinary critical thinking and analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills on technical topics.
- Proficiency with at least one programming language and machine learning library
- Strong interest in financial markets
Preferred skills and previous experience
- Advanced degree in a quantitative/engineering field a plus
- Outstanding achievements such as Math Competitions, Kaggle – Grandmaster/Master, exceptional scores on SAT/GRE/LSAT, Chess Grandmaster, etc.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with all internal associates both technical and non-technical team members which could include research, trading, management, development, and operations personnel
- Thoroughly enjoy building and evaluating the most modern numerical/modeling techniques, as well as painstakingly work very directly, very deeply with large, granular data
- Experience with machine learning tools/libraries, such as Scikit-learn, tensorflow, CUDA etc.
- Python/Pandas or R programming
- Previous experience in contribution to open source development a plus
Compensation and Benefits
- Highly competitive base salary + substantial profit sharing bonus
- Highly flexible career path and growth opportunities
- Health, dental, vision, life, disability insurance
- 401K retirement plan, $1 for $1 match up to 4% of compensation
No Licenses Required
Voloridge Investment Management is an SEC registered investment advisor. A private investment company founded in 2009, our mission is to deliver superior risk-adjusted returns for qualified investors, using advanced proprietary modeling technology, conservative investment tactics and sophisticated risk management. Our market neutral equities strategy takes both long and short positions in the most actively traded equities, and is designed to capture alpha while limiting exposure to directional markets risks. Our futures strategy takes both long and short positions in the most actively traded global futures, and is also built to maximize alpha captured across all futures markets traded while capping exposure to any particular sector at a given time.
Voloridge Investment Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic or status.